SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    PSA AR10? Update in OP, nearly complete
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA AR10? Update in OP, nearly complete Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
Not sure which optic I'll go with, probably the ACOG. Saving the Kahles for a spare 12.5" upper for the SBR.

I believe the ease of putting a scope of the AR10 makes it the better choice for me over an M1A or similar.

PSA is a good entry level rifle right?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OttoSig,

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6612 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
My buddy has one, I have shot it several times, as has he along side me. 600 yd range, steel, and yes it shoots. Reliable and acceptable accuracy.

Posts: 1592 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My Dissipator is built off a PSA upper and it shoots just fine.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34365 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I will say yes. I have not looked recently. But iirc they have a few models. One has some upgrades like a Giselle trigger and upgraded stock among other items.

I have one that I bought several years ago as two components. A complete lower, then a complete upper.
My upper has an 18" stainless barrel. I do not have a ton of rounds through it as it took me a while to find an optic I could afford that met my criteria. But it has been flawless to this point.

I would not hesitate. A big fan of the "10"
and PSA is a great value that works.

Good luck J.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19674 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have what I believe is their gen 3. Great rifle for an entry AR10. While there are other triggers out there, their stock trigger is actually really nice, I'd try it before ponying up for an aftermarket option.

Posts: 3101 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I have AR15s I've built using PSA parts and assemblies, and they've all been solid.

I had considered a budget AR10 from PSA as well, but the only thing holding me back is that it uses the older full size/weight SR25ish design. There are other newer .308 AR designs out there that use mostly AR15-sized receivers and parts, and that at ~6 pounds are nearing half the weight of the ~11 pound AR10A/SR25 style .308 ARs like PSA's.

See POF Revolution/Rogue, Ruger SFAR, DPMS G2, Springfield Saint, etc.

I decided I'd rather pay a little more for a lighter package. I've had an assortment of 10+ pound .308 rifles over the years already (M1A, G3, FAL, etc.) It wasn't anything against PSA's quality, and if PSA comes out with a SF AR10, I'd definitely consider grabbing one.

Posts: 32992 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Updated in OP

Posts: 6612 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Ive had my PSA AR10 for a few years now and still impressed with it. Good value for the price.

Posts: 5745 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
Updated in OP

Which one did you get specifically otto?

Clean it, lube it, shoot it. Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19674 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
ORC,

Bought this set-up...

PSA PA10 16" Mid-Length .308 WIN 1/10 Nitride 15" Lightweight M-lok Upper - With BCG & CH

Stripped lower and LPK.

For some reason in Maryland, a stripped lower has less restrictions (for waiting to take home) than a complete lower. I suppose because it cannot be classified as a pistol in any way.

I picked up the SiCo Velos 7.62 as well the other day so I'm eager to give that a shot. Gonna probably put a bipod on it as this thing is HEAVY! I'll probably pick up a UBR stock as well in the future. Had the CTR laying around so it gets that for now.