SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Son's first vintage sniper rifle match
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Son's first vintage sniper rifle match Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
It was my son's first match and he did as expected. He came in last place individually and we placed last as a team. He did okay for a first timer and a junior at that. He only practiced one time with the M14 before shooting the match. He will get much better before the next one.

He scored an 83-1x

I scored a 99-4x and shot high score at 300...

Headed out to 600 yards and the kid had a rough start and even scored a miss! But he did great, IMHO for a first timer, and being a junior at that. He had a strong finish though and finished off with a 9, X, 10, 10, 10. Great recovery!

My first shot was in the 7-ring but everything else was 9,'s 10's and X's. Ended up with a 93-1X

I placed 3rd at 600 for category B and tied 3rd overall with an aggregate of 192-5X.

Anthony should just keep improving from there. Shouldn't be long before we are placing as a team.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5542 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
In all honesty he did better that I could have done. Kudos to you both!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 2089 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Can’t get better if we don’t start.
Congratulations.

6.4/93.6
“Cet animal est très méchant, quand on l’attaque il se défend.”

Posts: 47759 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Great story about your boy. Accuracy will come with time at the range.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1609 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Tell you what, that looks pretty darn good to me. What place you finish all depends on who you are up against.

Posts: 3819 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
First step is showing up

Learn from the experience, and come back, apply what was learned.

Going to be a fun journey together

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11160 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Pretty much just echo the sentiment of the score and rank isn’t nearly as important as just getting out there and doing it. Great for you two getting out there, should be an awesome father/son hobby!

Now I’m not so sure about his shirt selection for a “sniper” match Big Grin

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2573 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post