SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New wood for my BL-22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New wood for my BL-22 Login/Join 
Picture of got2hav1
posted
I bought this a couple of years ago. Unfortunately the previous owner had dinged it up pretty bad. I found a new stock and installed it. Then the search began for a forearm. I found one on ebay and refinished it to match the stock. This required taking it apart and re assembling. If you have ever faced the tiny ejector spring and ejector...what a PIA. After an hour and eight tries I finally got it . Turned out well in the end!

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is one sweet twenty two.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
That is one sweet twenty two.

It turned out well. Great handling .22 !!

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I LOVE my BL and my SA.

You did a great job.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
I LOVE my BL and my SA.

You did a great job.

Thanks. I have a nice SA22 also. Post a pic of yours if you have one.

posted Hide Post
I don't understand how people can ding up their rifles.
I have rifles I bought 35 years ago that look just like they did the day I bought them.
I would plow through piles of brush with my brushpants on but never put a scratch on my
Wingmaster.

Posts: 949 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Looks great- the BL-22 is a great, sweet handling little plinker. I really love the short throw lever design; quick flicks of the fingers make for fast shooting.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by got2hav1:
Turned out well in the end!

I agree. Well done.

quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
I don't understand how people can ding up their rifles.

The bolt action rifles, ARs, and shotguns I've used in competitions all show noticeable wear, scuff marks, and dings. Compete for a few years in matches that require movement on the clock, and you'll understand.

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who has a safe full of handguns,rifles,and shotguns. They are piled in the safe so close you can't even see what's in there. Instead of buying another safe or a bigger safe he just keeps piling more into the same space. Not the same guy but that's what happened to this BL-22.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by got2hav1:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
I LOVE my BL and my SA.

You did a great job.

Thanks. I have a nice SA22 also. Post a pic of yours if you have one.

My BL, which was my Dad's before me. Grade I so no engraving, no checkering, but a very nicely figured stock.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Yellowjacket, that is some nice wood on that stock. Good looking BL

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Some fine-looking lever plinkers in this thread!

Posts: 17053 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
got2hav1 that new wood looks great!

Would love to find a BL to go with my SA some day, love me some 22 rimfire.

Posts: 3495 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
For whatever reason, Browning seems to produce the best looking stocks. You can keep your ugly synthetic/plastic guns. Its not that others can't produce nice looking guns, its just they're too cheap and don't. They also used to do a good job of bluing the rifles.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
GD shut your mouth and give that to me! You Sir are on a roll!

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6251 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Browning has always known how to make a firearm look good.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Looks great! I’ve always thought highly of these.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post