SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone use an Elzetta Alpha for a WML?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use an Elzetta Alpha for a WML? Login/Join 
posted
If you do, looking for your thoughts. Otherwise any other suggestions from Elzetta?

Posts: 339 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have one on an AR carbine.
I chose it for light weight, and the illumination is just fine for indoors.

Posts: 15880 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an Elzetta Bone, a bare bones model.
Solid WML. I’ve had no issues with it.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I don’t have one mounted but have a couple Gen 2 Alphas. They are by their nature a floody light. Good at lighting up a wide area but not a light to punch out or through photonic barriers.

They are excellent lights but they are close range indoors or back yard type affairs.

The Bravo is larger but punches out much more while of course being brighter.

Elzetta, at least in my experience, make lights that make Surefires feel delicate.

The Bones with an 18650 would make a heck of a good weapon light. Dead simple, tough, bright, rechargeable and capable of running CR123s.

One thing I like about Elzetta is their runtimes are basically at full power with little drop off instead of blazing like the sun for a minute and then a big drop off.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7668 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
I have an Elzetta Alpha mounted in an Arisaka in-line mount on my lightweight BCM carbine. I echo what the others have said. It's very well built, easy to use, compact, and very light weight. I just wish it was more powerful. Fine for indoors. Outside I'd prefer more lumens/candela.

Posts: 2332 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Don’t waste your money. Surefire scout is superior.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post