SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Riflescope primer Now starting to discuss types of glass (2022-05-19)
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Riflescope primer Now starting to discuss types of glass (2022-05-19) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I can finally talk about a new riflescope that will shortly be announced by March. This is the March-X 8-80X56 HM WA. It features a 10X zoom, all the way to 80X, Super ED glass, and a wide-angle eyepiece.

It was tested this past week at the 2022 US Nationals F-Class Championships by the winner of F-Open. You can read about it here:

https://marchscopes.com/news/14179/

Tim says he was running it at 75X to 80X all weeks, even in heavy mirage.

The engineers were able to further enhance the shimmer protection inherent in riflescopes that use Super ED glass, and this makes the IQ in this riflescope very usable at 80X in heavy mirage in Phoenix, 2 days after a huge rainstorm.

The wide-angle 25-degree eyepiece provides a magnified image that's 156% larger than the image coming from a conventional 20-degree eyepiece. Looking through it, the image is very immersive, and you get a sense of the conditions around the target rather than just looking through a tunnel. I had the opportunity to look through the riflescope on the line during a match.

It's breathtaking.

This introduces a whole new dimension to long range precision rifle competition.

I'm sure the price will be breathtaking also.

I'll have more info to share on the riflescope soon.

Posts: 3368 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the news.
Although I cannot, unfortunately, imagine ever having a use for such a sight, advancements are always welcome.

7/93

Posts: 46083 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's quite the specialized optics, that's for sure. It will be highly sought after by the top F-class and BR shooters and eschewed by most other shooters.

Everyone who has looked through it steps away from it with this look on their face and they don't make any comments. It's as if they have just experienced an epiphany, which in fact, they have.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NikonUser,

Posts: 3368 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Oh now you got me drooling for one to try on the prairie dogs in South Dakota.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 836 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by low8option:
Oh now you got me drooling for one to try on the prairie dogs in South Dakota.

It should be announced in January and be orderable by March, 2023. There are many people (F-class shooters who were at the Nationals) already clamoring to get one ASAP.

I have the prototype back in my hands and it will be going on my F-TR match rifle shortly, in time for the next 1000-yard match in early December.