SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Mossberg 590 Retro - new purchase
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mossberg 590 Retro - new purchase Login/Join 
posted
Picked this up the other day. I like the wood furniture (advertised as walnut by Mossberg). Wanted to use the sling attachment point behind the bayonet lug but the stud and washer are no longer included so ordered them from Mossberg. Sling is a Blue Force Gear FDE hunting sling.

I believe Mossberg also offers Retro versions of the 500 and 590A1 as well.

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Very nice

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
I like that a lot. I’m a sucker for a good shotgun. I had an opportunity to get one a few months back and it’s gone - I regret not picking it up. If I see one again I’ll get it.

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been eyeing their retrograde stuff for a long time. I wish they’d sell the furniture!

Posts: 300 | Location: Washington | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is very nice. I’m not a shotgun guy but that one could push me over the edge.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
The 500 and 590's are solid performers. Prices have risen on them over the years so not as good of value as they once were. Really sold shotguns though. Congrats. The more you shoot it the more you will appreciate it.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I yearn to have back the 590 Military, fully outfitted that I had in the early 90s. Perhaps I'll stumble across one some day. Parkerized, heat shield, ghost rings, bayo lug, speed feed stock and all.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post