SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Air Rifles what say yee
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air Rifles what say yee Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
I had one for a bit, Gamo Big Cat 1250 .177 Caliber Air Rifle came with the scope and was on Woot.

A bit loud to shoot in the back yard, are there any that are not as loud, Just looking for target and the occasional varmit ie tree Rats on my pool screen....

to add, I was looking at Sigs Air Rifles...
30 round mag, scope for under three hondos

https://www.sigsauer.com/store...r-scope-14x24wr.html

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a hatsan pcp rifle, .22cal. very accurate, and with mine, loudest sound is the trigger making a click. only pcp is a bit of a pain to keep charged.
Barry

Posts: 62 | Registered: November 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why not?!?
Fun lil toys!

I got one for my father years ago when he was down in Fla. Best present he ever got! He'd spend his mornings plinking "those damn lizards" (iguanas) while drinking his coffee and doing his crossword puzzle.

Set a target up at the back of your yard, and shoot away. Hone up your skills, have fun all for under $20! How can you say no?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Lots of info on

https://www.pyramydair.com/air-rifles

And each airgun has a quietness rating in tbe list of specs.

You can even search by loudness factor.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get one, as others said a lot of cheap fun. Not sure i would be confident enough in my accuracy to try picking anything off my pool screen, though.....

Posts: 550 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
It's hard to beat a Daisy Red Ryder for quiet backyard fun. A Daisy 880 is good for tree rats out to about 25 yards and is not very loud.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the noise will drop drastically once you get the pellet speed down to about 875fps. Trie some heavier pellets.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
While I have a Diana .177 that shoots very well, my "Go To" air rifle is a Walther LGU Varmint in .22 caliber. It's got a great trigger, an integral suppressor and though heavy is very quiet. I took it on a turkey hunt a couple years ago, but ended up shooting my gobbler with the Beretta A400 12 gauge (shown next to the Walther).

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post