SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig Cross - Now With Range Update
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Cross - Now With Range Update Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
You are welcome.
I won’t run a rod down a bore without a guide in place.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditched the .885 height NF rings and went with 1.5 height NF rings. Waaaaay better for shooting this rifle at least for me.

Puts my head in the perfect position for shooting either standing or prone.

Ditched the Sig ammo and will be sticking with either the Norma Whitetail or the Hornady Hunter.

The Norma is 140 grain soft point and the Hornady is the 143 grain ELD-X hunter. I’ll shoot for groups next range day. So far both have functioned flawlessly, just haven’t tried to knuckle down for small groups.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Please keep us posted on how it performs. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got out to the range today with my son. I was going to squeeze out as much accuracy as I could but realized that I left my rear bag and squeeze bag at home. Oh well….I made do.

So far, the Norma 140 Grain SPFB Whitetail has shot excellent.

Mind you, this is a hunting rifle and I have no illusions that this is a PRS setup. However, I was holding an inch to just under an inch while shooting today off my range bag with no other support.

My setup:

Cold bore after being cleaned from last trip. There’s 2 rounds in the same hole just low right of the pasty. The pasties are just under an inch:

Second group after an adjustment:

20 round group with some adjustments in between shots. I came up .25 MOA after this:

Called 2 of the flyers on the left. The rest was me and my setup.

Zero issues with the ammo.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
San Diego County Gun Owners is having an online auction. A Cross in 6.5 Creedmoor is one of the offerings. I may bid on it based on what I’ve read including your posts. Thanks!

Posts: 18064 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post