SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Graduated Nursing School so I had to get a new gun..Ruger Rimfire Precision (range report 26 Apr)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Graduated Nursing School so I had to get a new gun..Ruger Rimfire Precision (range report 26 Apr) Login/Join 
posted
After 3.4 years of school, I finished my BSN and accepted an ER Fellowship to train as a ER nurse. To celebrate, I purchased a rimfire .22 precision to use as a trainer to my RPR in 5.56. I have another SWFA fixed 10x on the way so they will be completely set up exactly the same. SWFA has them on sale for $199 and free shipping.

This is my small gift, My wife stated I can purchase a new Bronco with the Sasquatch package if I like Big Grin Big Grin.

Big brother

This message has been edited. Last edited by: usncorpsman,

Posts: 1090 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow - very nice.

And congratulations!!!

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of papaac
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your degree and Ruger. My RN daughter spent 8 years in a Level 1 Trauma Center in Houston; you have your work cut out for you.

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." Edmund Burke

Posts: 4974 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! But don’t forget pictures of the Bronco.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your degree and your willingness to continue to serve others.

If you built that wall and patio you did a fine job there.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on graduating and looking forward to seeing the range report(s).

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Congrats brother!

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
They are really good rifles.
I have a NRL match locally, tomorrow, and am shooting the same rifle with a 6-24x scope.
Congrats on the graduation: enjoy it, and shoot the snot out of it.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got one of those and really dig it.

Posts: 5141 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the graduation and rifle.
Nursing is a very difficult yet rewarding career, and currently they are paying very well. At some point though the bubble may burst on the high wages they are offering for some positions.

Posts: 3266 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your graduation. Very pair
Of rifles you got there.

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! What a great reward for your efforts. It is a fun gun, enjoy.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your degree, that will be a lifetime investment that will keep paying benefits!
I’m not a big Ruger fan, but I do have a fondness for the MK pistols, Charger & 10-22. I keep thinking I’ll pick up a RPR 22LR BUT it seems like when I have the cash I can’t find the rifle and that’s one I really want to handle before I buy.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys for all the warm comments. I was a Navy Corpsman for 24 years, so this is a natural progression Big Grin.

I had a chance to shoot the rifle today. I’ll say, it has potential. Those small dots are 1” so it is not shooting too badly. All groups are shot at 50yds and were either 5 shots or 10 shots. Ammo was:

Federal Auto Match
Wolf Match
Eley Match
CCI standard Velocity

I’ll try a few more types of ammo, but since this is not a true match barreled gun, I am happy so far.

test middle mouse button

Posts: 1090 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your graduation and new rifle!!! I just bought a Ruger Rimfire Precision too, but in .22 WMR (for shooting ground squirrels). I haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet, but looking at your group sizes has really got me wound up for it!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your degree and a great looking rifle.

Posts: 5297 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI auto match is a marketing gimmick and is not worth pursuing In regards to accuracy, nor is ANY bulk pack ammo. Standard velocity ammo like the Eley is the way to go. And make sure before switching brands of ammo while testing you “waste” 10-20 rounds to get the bore conditioned to the new type of ammo before trying for groups

Posts: 3266 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post