SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    X95 with Sandman K-Great Shortness!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X95 with Sandman K-Great Shortness! Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
I received my Form 4 stamp last week and while it might mitigate to some degree the blast on my 9" barreled Galil ACE 556, I've decided to give it a home on an IWI X95 that I own in .300 BLK. What a great combination of "short and sweet"! Very quiet with subsonics and supers going 2300 fps, with an OAL that's much more short than my 16" ARs! While the balance and bolt release location are certainly things that take some getting used to, overall I'm very happy with the set up.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once equipped a friend's Tavor Micro with a YHM TurboK. It was a badass little thing. I decked it out with an optic, light, and laser too. The only bummer was the flex in the side rails. The setup was very slick, with the laser mounted on the side, but it would have to be on the top, if you wanted it mounted properly for anything past CQB distances.

Posts: 2150 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always loved the trigger guard option for the X95. Always wonder why more people don’t do it. One of the few things I hate about my Tavor SAR is the cutlass grip. Who the hell thought that was a great idea? I know, points of contact blah blah blah. Hate it.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking combo. If I may ask, what parts/pieces did you swap out on the X95? That looks really nice.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Great looking combo. If I may ask, what parts/pieces did you swap out on the X95? That looks really nice.

I got a curved buttpad, top rail, trigger pack (Timney), trigger bow, flash hider, grip/frame.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I always loved the trigger guard option for the X95. Always wonder why more people don’t do it. One of the few things I hate about my Tavor SAR is the cutlass grip. Who the hell thought that was a great idea? I know, points of contact blah blah blah. Hate it.

IWI US is out of black pistol grips; I'm on the notification list. They do have OD and FDE, but I want to keep my black gun black.

Pete Sheppard
Powder smoke: The smell of FREEDOM!

Posts: 8 | Location: Birmingham AL | Registered: August 13, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post