SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Suggestions for non-firing Sharps or Winchester rifle for decoration
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions for non-firing Sharps or Winchester rifle for decoration Login/Join 
posted
I'm looking for a wall hanging non-firing Sharps or '73 Winchester type rifle to hang in a game room. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posts: 3577 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
I've seen them for sale on eBay - multiple types of rifles and pistols. I see an 1866 Winchester Lever-Action Carbine Rifle by Denix Replica on there...

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, 1885s in that category do pop up on that big online gun auction site from time to time as well.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Was just at a huge auction, there were two octagonal barrel Winchester 73‘s. I think they went for well over $1800 apiece.

There was a World War II Lee Enfield Mk.2 still in the OG 1941? paper wrapper at the auction.

I was going to ruin it - unwrap it, and hang it over my fireplace. But I got nervous around $1100. Damnit!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post