SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Look at this customized FWB 124 air rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Look at this customized FWB 124 air rifle Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
https://walnut.black/FWB-124

More images in the article.

From the article:

"The FWB 124 is a firm favourite of mine.

This particular gun has had something of a makeover. The gun was originally engraved by Don blocksidege, but done in the style where the engraving effect cuts through the blacking to reveal the silver metal below (a very shallow effect). Perhaps this had been a presentation piece? Who knows?

I asked Don if he would take it on,(already in his early 80’s) and take his time to re-work the engraving and build upon the original to create somethig that he would be proud of. Don didn’t hold back.

The action was re-blacked by Colin Mollow who did a cracking job. Lyn Lewington fitted a v-mach set up and fettled accordingly, which improved the consistency, power levels and accuracy.

The original alloy trigger blade is still in the gun, and whilst it is no rekord trigger (and a little heavy) it still affords great accuracy.

The stock was carved from some American Walnut, by Frederik Van Breen. A tyrolean pattern, extended to match my pull length, with pistol grip swell and a more robust trigger guard instated. Chequered to match an old Tyrolean FWB 150 pattern. Frederik also made up a steel plate for the pistol grip which Don also engraved.

The result combines to great effect in my humble opinion. "

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Wow. Gorgeous.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Fit for a king.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Malamutes
posted Hide Post
Wow, she’s a beauty!

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Lower Michigan | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Damn! Now I'm worried that the drool that fell on my keyboard may short it out. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
Absolutely gorgeous rifle.

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post