SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What difference does 5oz make?
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What difference does 5oz make? Login/Join 
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
You guys are no help at all. My fun fund hates you.

Ordered the Gen 1 UBR, gonna try them both out. LOL

As you make your decision, I urge you to do one thing.

Don't just put the rifle together and handle it empty at home.

Take it out to the range and shoot it in both configurations. I generally opt for a rifle on the heavy side of the spectrum because I find the mass is advantageous while I am actually shooting the gun.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Report This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I specifically replaced my CTR with a UBR on my 11.5" SBR because the UBR couterweighted the M4-2000 so much better than the CTR. I also tried the STR, but that didn't work for other reasons.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Report This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
[

As you make your decision, I urge you to do one thing.

Don't just put the rifle together and handle it empty at home.

Take it out to the range and shoot it in both configurations. I generally opt for a rifle on the heavy side of the spectrum because I find the mass is advantageous while I am actually shooting the gun. [/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. If your on patrol all day it might be a bit much, but for shooting at the range the weight helps with recoil. Helps it feel "smooth".

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post