SIGforum
Panic at the Gunstore--The How, When, and Why of Gun Panics

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/4440089983

March 14, 2020, 06:18 PM
K.O.A.M.
Panic at the Gunstore--The How, When, and Why of Gun Panics
The LGS chain I work for has been moving a lot of ammunition, and defensive handguns have been moving briskly. Every CWP class I have taught in the past three weeks has been within 1/2 of capacity.

If you lived through Obama and are panic buying, that's on you. My one purchase in the past couple of months has been an SP5, because I got a great deal and I wanted the real deal in case German or U.S. governments got in the way of more imports.

What, me worry?
March 16, 2020, 08:55 PM
Leemur
Looks like Cheaper Than Dirt is already up to their old tricks. Roll Eyes
March 16, 2020, 10:01 PM
bobtheelf
I put off restocking 9mm that I've been shooting a lot lately. I've got plenty of reserves, but I'm kind of kicking myself that I don't have a couple of cases unopened in "free to shoot" status.
March 16, 2020, 10:12 PM
cslinger
Ahhh diversity......the spice of life. If they have damn near any caliber I am good and if not.....ehhh I probably have a box or 10.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
March 17, 2020, 07:02 AM
sourdough44
Only an amateur would be stocking up now.
March 17, 2020, 07:14 AM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:

For realz.

I haven't bought anything gun related for about 6 months. I even tappered off the ammo purchases, gets hard trying to find space to store it!
March 17, 2020, 07:16 AM
SIG4EVA
I can't believe they are panic buying guns and ammo over a virus. I've been stocked up for years now and have to panic buy nothing but I have been shopping for a M1 Garand.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"
March 17, 2020, 07:45 AM
Jimbo Jones
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

For realz.

I haven't bought anything gun related for about 6 months. I even tappered off the ammo purchases, gets hard trying to find space to store it!

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.
March 17, 2020, 08:12 AM
1gkek
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Same here, I ran out of space... when it was quiet. Cool
March 17, 2020, 08:13 AM
Johnny 3eagles
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

This is from 8:10am today: MAY THEY ROT IN HELL

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
March 17, 2020, 09:03 AM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
quote:

I honestly think it's funny as hell.

There is no impending gun control.

There is no impending anything.

People who are stupid enough to buy a case of $175 9MM for $700 deserve to be parted with their money.

They are fucking FOOLS.
March 17, 2020, 09:06 AM
HRK
In Daytona this weekend FGE was hopping, panic buying and the sale they had going on, plenty of guns and ammo.

March 17, 2020, 09:38 AM
ensigmatic
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
quote:

*snort*

CTD isn't "cheaper than dirt" on its best day. Personally, I no longer even check there, and haven't for some time.

quote:

True, but I seem to have developed a knack for bringing a new caliber on board at the worst possible times. Bought my first 9mm handgun in 2008 and bought my first 10mm handgun just a month ago

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
March 17, 2020, 10:20 AM
HRK
CTD web page is up and down, while it was up I was able to confirm they have 750 rounds of 9mm in box Winchester at $434, 50 round boxes for $35 a box.

March 17, 2020, 10:20 AM
Fredward
Hahahaha. Apparently I have 30k worth of ammo.
March 17, 2020, 10:29 AM
stoic-one
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Hahahaha. Apparently I have 30k worth of ammo.
You too? Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/
March 17, 2020, 10:40 AM
PowerSurge
CTD should’ve died a long time ago but obviously there are people that still buy from them.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1
March 17, 2020, 11:00 AM
kimberkid
Yep, stock market is down, ammo is up.

I was in the Walmart next door to my work this morning ... still plenty of ammo on the shelves, normal prices.

As to CTD ... someone needs to file a price gouging suit against them.

They share the same sentiment as Clinton and Obama ... "Let no crisis go to waste"

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
March 17, 2020, 11:00 AM
slosig
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
True, but I seem to have developed a knack for bringing a new caliber on board at the worst possible times. Bought my first 9mm handgun in 2008 and bought my first 10mm handgun just a month ago

You’ve had it for a whole month and you don’t have ten cases laid in? What SGAmmo and Target Sports America don’t ship to Michigan? Smile
March 17, 2020, 11:35 AM
Inusuit
quote:
Not that difficult, nor extensive. Fill out Dealer’s Record of Sale (DROS), pay for the gun and the DROS, wait at least 10 days (the DROS paperwork spells it out down to the second), but not more than 30 (again down to the second), then go back and pick up. If you fail to pickup before thirty days, fill out the paperwork again, pay for the re-DROS, then the 10/30 day clock starts again. Fun and games in the PRK.

Yeah, but the media has led them to believe they order a machine gun online and have it delivered to their house.