SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Black 550P
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black 550P Login/Join 
Picture of Malysh
posted

Posts: 430 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous

Posts: 377 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
That sure is a purdy rifle.

Posts: 2059 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Just beautiful! You are a lucky man.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is really cool. Gonna need some info./backstory on that rifle. Very nice.

Posts: 7080 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!! A truly iconic profile.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Loudoun VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yes please. For those of us who are not in the knows, some info would be nice.

Q

Posts: 27613 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perfection.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2357 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
I bought this one from a good friend, I guess 2 years ago this month.
It is an unmatched rifle. Both the lower and upper are JDI but different serial numbers.
He gave me a good deal.

I'm pretty sure I posted the Meili case before. I bought from a Swiss member of the forum. He also gave me a good deal!

Although we all love the traditional gray receiver/green furniture rifles, I decided to go with black this time. I think it looks striking.

Thanks for all your kind comments.

Posts: 430 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
After I got this one I went on a spending spree.
I bought the aforementioned Meili case, and a shitload of magazines. I already had some, but what good is a magazine fed rifle without magazines? Especially when the magazines are scarce and expensive in the US. You can never have too many.

I also stumbled on 1,000 rds. of Swiss 62 gr. 5.56 ammo from a web business called ammoshoponline.com The ammo came in a new 50 cal. ammo can. It is Ruag white box, 50 rds. per box. Unfortunately, they didn't have any Swiss 63 gr. ammo, but I thought it would be neat to have a quantity of genuine Swiss made ammo for this one and my 551-2 LB clone. That company hasn't had this ammo for a long time. When I checked their site today, they are down for modifications, and suggest re-directing to Norma.

And of course, I have the requisite green Wenger bayonet and the sight adjustment tool. And a soft black SIG case I got from Larry Gaglio from CCF many years ago.

posted Hide Post
any pics of the sig softcase..?

Posts: 38 | Registered: October 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
No. Maybe I'll take a few.

Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by krieg:
any pics of the sig softcase..?

Picture found

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
I decided to go with black this time. I think it looks striking.
Its striking alright! Your all black 550 is beautiful!

Posts: 7740 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post