SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    My Latest Project - Firm Belief Of Keep It Simple And Light
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Latest Project - Firm Belief Of Keep It Simple And Light Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
I bought a vintage M16 parts kit that was minus the receiver and giggle parts along with an H&R (man, I love these things) blank receiver to put the Colt guts in (yeah I had to put in a CMMG trigger group). The barrel was smooth as a shotgun bore, so I ordered an H&R 20" barrel and stuck the Colt parts on it.

I got the 20" 1/7 twist barrel for modern ammunition. It's chrome lined and magnet particle tested.

The butt stock, grip and hand guards are OEM.

I also stuck my Israeli IDF El-OP Eyal 3x21 scope on it that was living on my SP1. It's just oozing funky Vietnam coolness.

I love a light, simple rifle.

There's another bun in the oven and it's gonna be a surprise. However there was a hint.

Without the scope.

And compared to the SP1

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34427 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
I fully endorse this post!

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1079 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
smooth as a shotgun bore

In basic training (1987) we were trained on very worn out M16A1's with full auto. There was at least an inch of play in the upper and lower but I was still able to shoot expert with it up to 300 yards. Can't imagine how many rounds were through that rifle, I probably did at least a thousand

The rest of my time in was the M16A2

Sweet rifle Mars

Posts: 5586 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The bun in the oven has more parts on the way.

It's keep it simple stupid also.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34427 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post