SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Franklin Armory 10-22 Binary Trigger ... who’s got one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Franklin Armory 10-22 Binary Trigger ... who’s got one? Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted
I’ll start off by saying I’ve got other binary triggers and I didn’t by it (them) to conserve ammo ... they are obviously for cover-fire or the big grin you get when blasting through a 50 round drum.

So, what say y’all that have them in a 10-22, are you pleased with the quality & function?

So far the binaries I have don’t surpass the ease of use of my M16 or HK registered sear but they aren’t too bad. I have binaries in my CZ EVO, MP5 & 2 AR’s.

I do think they are a great option for those newer guns that us lowly civilians can’t own in full-otto, as well as the majority of people that want the experience without laying out $20,000 ... I really wish these had been out before I’d bought my machine guns.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I have one. I was grinning for an hour after.

The safety catch was the difficult part of the install.

Get it and don’t look back.

Posts: 1350 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two - one on a Backpacker Takedown, and one on a Charger build with an Odin chassis and folding brace.

They are great, but a bit heavier pull like 6 lbs. Since I am left handed I really like the selector which is much better than a crossbolt safety.

Lots of fun and .22LR so burning ammo doesn't cost so much.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 383stroker
posted Hide Post
I just put one in one of my rifles, I had a spare factory trigger group laying around so my Kidd single stage group will be set aside for now.

I am thankful for the internet because it seems hat franklins trigger overtravel spring is too long so I had to cut off a coil or two like several others I read sbout.

Once I did that It functioned perfectly and I am having a blast with it. I am glad that ammo is returning so I can get more .22 by being at my local academy early in the morning on ammo days.

Posts: 1041 | Location: East of the DFW Metromess | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
I have two - one on a Backpacker Takedown, and one on a Charger build with an Odin chassis and folding brace.

They are great, but a bit heavier pull like 6 lbs. Since I am left handed I really like the selector which is much better than a crossbolt safety.
I’m going to put it in my Charger as well and hopefully it works well with my Black Dog 50 round drum

quote:
Originally posted by 383stroker:
<snip>
Once I did that It functioned perfectly and I am having a blast with it. I am glad that ammo is returning so I can get more .22 by being at my local academy early in the morning on ammo days.
Thanks for that tip! Have you had to do that with other Franklin Armory triggers?

I had a total knee replacement almost a month ago; I’ve had this Charger for a couple years and believe the Binary Trigger should be the next step in its evolution ... this is an old pic, I’ve ACE buffer tube folding mechanism with a gen2 Tailhook on it now.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post