SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Fingerprints and passport photos for Form 1 eforms
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fingerprints and passport photos for Form 1 eforms Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
Does anyone have any other ideas for getting .eft fingerprinting? There is nowhere nearby that offers this service. The LGS that says they do it on their website tells me I have to go to the state police station for a fingerprint card and then I scan it. (That’s incorrect but okay. Thanks for your opinion.) A less local gunshop said they do electronic fingerprinting but when i asked for more info they have a kiosk for silencershop.com but they can’t give me the files. That doesn’t help me.

Also, no one does digital passport photos, only print copies. Has anyone successfully submitted a cell phone photo using a passport photo app? I’m thinking of trying that.

There’s got to be way too get this done. Otherwise I’m going to have to figure a way to offer this service for my community.

So far my local business community is failing me. Miserably.

Posts: 45529 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I previously had a set of fingerprint cards made via silencer shop. I had them done at the kiosk then ordered a set when they were still $15. Now they're like 45. No way was I paying that. So I sent one of the cards to a company that converts to EFT. EZPZ. I would add the link, but my browser isn't letting me. I used Midwestsilencers.com.

What you can do, is order a fingerprint card set from the ATF for free. Stamp it yourself at home. Then mail a single card to Midwest silencers, and he will scan and convert to the proper EFT file.

Posts: 2052 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Doing it at home is ok then? The ATF site mentions having it done by local law enforcement. I can’t find info for Midwest silencers and their site gives a 403 error.

Posts: 45529 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
If Midwest silencers is down, you might also try Capital armory in Texas. I know they were doing EFT files at one point as well.

Posts: 2052 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I ordered fingerprint forms from the ATF. I’ll just mail them in the Amish way.

posted Hide Post
Taking them yourself is fine. ATF states they can be taken by anybody with the equipment to do so.

I have had examiners tell me by email that they will accept a PDF of the print card scanned and uploaded as an attachment. This would need to be uploaded in the documents section and not in the responsible person section.

Posts: 5200 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Photo you can do yourself. You can also do paper prints yourself for cheap. But likely there are several local options to do your prints on paper if you prefer that. EFT files you probably need to find someone. I have never heard of the scanned print card option, and it seems odd the FBI would accept it, but no personal experience or investigation.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11149 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UPS Store does fingerprinting if you have one close to you.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 50 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: October 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tedk:
41 miles and a 58 minutes of driving each way is the closest.

Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I used this service and my eF1 was approved. you can re-use the eft file too.

https://printscan.com/

Hopefully there is a servicing mail center near you.

Also they accepted my scanned passport photo, taken at a local FedEx.

Posts: 5224 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
I used this service and my eF1 was approved. you can re-use the eft file too.

https://printscan.com/
That’s the UPS Store mentioned above. Too far, unfortunately.

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Anything nearby to the UPS store to make the trip worth it? A nice gun shop? A good restaurant? Costco?

I'd say it's still worth it, since you get to keep the .eft file for future ATF forms.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17575 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Anything nearby to the UPS store to make the trip worth it? A nice gun shop? A good restaurant? Costco?

I'd say it's still worth it, since you get to keep the .eft file for future ATF forms.
that’s a good point. This place is nearby: https://www.elitefirearmspgh.com/

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
How about your local police department or the sheriff's office?

Posts: 12571 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
How about your local police department or the sheriff's office?
They don’t have the correct forms. I ordered some from ATF. The sheriff’s offices refused. The city police may do it but getting them on the phone is like pulling teeth.

Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
If you do it the less local way via the silencershop kiosk, you can upload the passport photo via a selfie from your phone in front of a white background, and your fingerprints are on file with them forever. I have done two silencers and two SBRs this way. Once you are in the system you can order NFA stuff from your couch.

My experience has been positive.

Posts: 14153 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by tedk:
41 miles and a 58 minutes of driving each way is the closest.

The nearest UPS store that did fingerprinting was 48 minutes from my house. Having to drive to a PD that offered digital prints each time I filed, or driving once to the UPS store and having the file on my laptop was a no-brainer decision for me. Also, I snapped a selfie in my kitchen and have had four F1's approved so far using it.

Posts: 32 | Location: B'ham, AL | Registered: June 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post