SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Painted another AR
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Painted another AR Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Painting a rifle is "commitment", as in you're stuck with it now sucker! lol Big Grin

Posts: 21409 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
Were definitely talking rattle cans Cool

Right on. I'll look into Montana Black, hadn't seen them and that Grey color is what was throwing me.

I've seen some rattle can jobs that look pro and this is one of them. I'm probably too immature to pull that off.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 7037 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slippery Pete:

I've seen some rattle can jobs that look pro and this is one of them. I'm probably too immature to pull that off.

If you want it to look like a factory ceracote job then send it out and let a pro do it. If you like the mil spec, diy look then it's super easy. There's a million youtube videos on it.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
The “look” is equal to prep time and patience.

Could you make an effective pattern in 45 seconds? Absolutely.

Decide where your line between form and function falls.

Me, I leave mine unpainted now and if shit ever hits the fan I’ll throw some big lines on it, make it look like Arnold’s face in Predator.

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6643 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slippery Pete:
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
Were definitely talking rattle cans Cool

Right on. I'll look into Montana Black, hadn't seen them and that Grey color is what was throwing me.

I'm a complete paint moron. Second gun ive ever painted. If I can do it I'm confident anyone reading this could do it. Otto is right, it's all in the prep and patience. Be willing to spend the time and don't set a deadline when you want it done. Just prep, spray, apply stencils, spray, apply stencils etc.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3628 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post