SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Colt AR-15 Carbine Recall
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt AR-15 Carbine Recall Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep. There's going to be people who own these rifles who will never get this information. Years down the road, one may discharge unintentionally and kill someone.

That's true for any of these recall's. Heck there is a note about a Ruger pistol updates in every new ruger I get and that program is from decades ago. Same for the SIG recall. Just the other day at a match a SIG p320 was dropped. I asked about the recall and the owner said 'what are you talking about'. Even worse we have people regularly say they aren't doing a recall.
Not something you can fix in an easy way except not ship stuff with issues.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The AR hammer has a spur on the rear that the disconnector catches to hold the hammer back after the gun fires. When you release the trigger, the hammer is supposed to transfer from being held by the disconnector to being held by the trigger sear. My guess is that something is breaking on the hammer so that the transfer doesn’t happen, and the hammer drops when the disconnector releases because the sear doesn’t catch the hammer.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thank you for that description, Dwill!

I'm always learning things here. Smile

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Folks normally pay a lot of money for a two shot burst. Wink

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’d be more inclined to research the issue then get an aftermarket trigger, even if it cost a few $$.

I’m not real big into the Remington 700, but have 2 that are partially customized. One has a Shilen trigger, the other a Timney.

I have a S&W 586 revolver, never been in for the recall.

Lots of good AR triggers available, easy to install yourself.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 2 rifles that are part of the recall. However, I never keep the GI triggers in my rifles, they get switched of the Geissele triggers.

I’ll just tossed the old groups in the trash.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post