SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New 12.5” Radian SBR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New 12.5” Radian SBR Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted
It was nice to get my Form 1 approved. This thing is smooooooth. Radian upper, lower, and BCG, Hodge (FN) 12.5” barrel, Maxim stock, Geissele Tricon trigger, and Aimpoint Micro T-2.

The pattern on the lower matching the PMAG is sooo cute. Big Grin

I have a DeadAir Xeno 3-prong FH on the way to add my Nomad Ti can.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17650 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Radian makes some really nice stuff.
I don't need any more AR's and still have un built parts for three now, BUT I like the Radian bones, a lot!

Posts: 23263 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
That’s a fine looking rifle! 12.5” is my favorite length for 5.56.

Posts: 2456 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:

I'm curious as to your experience with it. This is my first short barrel AR. 12.5 seemed to be in a sweet spot for velocity vs. length.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17650 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I have an 11.5. But I think a 12.5 is probably the sweet spot for a handy SBR that is going to be primarily shot unsuppressed.

Like someone said, kind of a sweet spot for velocity and handiness.

Posts: 14166 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:

I'm curious as to your experience with it. This is my first short barrel AR. 12.5 seemed to be in a sweet spot for velocity vs. length.

I have no experience with Radian, but out of all the 5.56 barrel lengths I’ve used 12.5 is my favorite balance of handiness while still feeling like a rifle. 16 is too big, 14.5 isn’t much better, 8.5 is way to small. I had a 12.5 (B&T) and loved it. Never owned a 10.5 but I’ve used many; for suppressed that might be my choice but for unsuppressed I love the 12.5. You can tell I’m not a ballistics expert from this highly subjective analysis, but you asked!

Posts: 2456 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
I got you. The 12.5 is the “just right” porridge. Wink

Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
FINALLY got the mount after some UPS fuckery. Dead Air messed up and the order got missed. After a month, I pinged them. They stepped up and Next Day Air'd the mount. UPS sent it to AZ, then back to KY, then to me. It took almost 2 weeks for a Next Day Air package. Roll Eyes