SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    IWI X95 Tavor
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IWI X95 Tavor Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have one in 9mm. I upgraded to the Geissele trigger bow and trigger pack and now it is a dream to shoot. Outstanding weapon.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy shooting mine. I find the accuracy perfectly fine for my needs. I upgraded the trigger like several others have mentioned. I almost went the SBR route but this seems to be working out well. I’ll also mention, when shooting groups, this gun leaves very small/neat piles of brass at the range.

Posts: 4522 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delta-3:
quote:
They are accurate enough. But no, they are not as accurate as an AR. But it was built as an urban combat rifle and it’s great for that.

They are also "AK" reliable. It'll eat anything you can put in them & still stay accurate enough.
They excel in tight or urban spaces & give you a full length barrel velocities out of a sbr sized rifle.
Mine has the Geiselle trigger pack & it's an absolute upgrade to the trigger system.

I've just ordered a Leupold VX-R "Patrol Rifle" 30mm 1.25-4x 20, with a FireDot SPR reticle for my (soon to arrive) X95. What type/height of mount would you suggest for a proper cheek rest. I currently own an AR type SPR in 9mm and have a green dot MRO that I like a lot, but wanted a bit of magnification for the .300 BLK X95. Any advice/feelings about options?

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10261 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Very cool set up. I use the same cases for my DD and BCM.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LVJD:
I have one in 9mm. I upgraded to the Geissele trigger bow and trigger pack and now it is a dream to shoot. Outstanding weapon.

May I ask, did it require a change to that calibre or were you able to purchase it in 9mm?

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
Originally posted by LVJD:

May I ask, did it require a change to that calibre or were you able to purchase it in 9mm?

I don’t know what he did, but you can buy them originally chambered in 9mm.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/mo...oduct/12027/redirect

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15276 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much, sir Smile

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A tennis racquet case also works well for the Tavor. Discrete carry option depending on the overall environment.

Posts: 698 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Timely thread. I am trying to put an Aero Precision muzzle brake on my X95 in place of the bird cage. The brake comes with a crush washer. However, torquing/crushing that washer down concerns me as far as tweaking the barrel, etc. in the gun. Seems using the original washer as the push-me-pull-you to seat the Brake would work.

Does anyone have thoughts on this? Ador you put different adaptor on your beautiful gun. Did you have issues or is it one of those things were the barrel does have to be removed from gun and then use the crush washer?

Thanks for any thoughts.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1438 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:
Timely thread. I am trying to put an Aero Precision muzzle brake on my X95 in place of the bird cage. The brake comes with a crush washer. However, torquing/crushing that washer down concerns me as far as tweaking the barrel, etc. in the gun. Seems using the original washer as the push-me-pull-you to seat the Brake would work.

Does anyone have thoughts on this? Ador you put different adaptor on your beautiful gun. Did you have issues or is it one of those things were the barrel does have to be removed from gun and then use the crush washer?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Reuse the nut that’s on there. This is straight from the IWI guys at NRA Show a couple years ago regarding concentricity to the bore for purposes of mounting a suppressor.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5425 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
The gunsmith who installed my AAC suppressor adaptor reused the original washer. He didn't remove the barrel.

quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238: Ador you put different adaptor on your beautiful gun. Did you have issues or is it one of those things were the barrel does have to be removed from gun and then use the crush washer?

Posts: 1917 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
Ador, what type of optics set up do you have on your X95?

I'm a bit split re: deciding what type of optic to use. Doesn't help that I don't know much about them. I know I can't go wrong with an aimpoint. I was going to go for the Meprolight M21, but I'm now hesitant after hearing some very bad things re: their lack of customer support. I have never yet bought any optics. Always been an iron sight person. That needs to change, esp. with using a bullpup.

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
awa762, I have Eotech EXPS3-0 w/ Single 1 MOA dot and G33 3X Magnifier w/ STS Side Mount. I was considering Meprolight as well. Just decided to go with Eotech. Got a great price at Brownells when they were on Sale, plus 10% off with Discount Code. Just have to wait as they were back ordered.

Posts: 1917 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post