SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Help with MPX collapsible stock
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with MPX collapsible stock Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
So maybe I'm an overlooking something obvious, but my MPX collapsible stock (thanks to Creslin!) is not collapsing.

Form 1 came back and I just hit the range for the first time with it last night.

Stock collapsed fine and locked into all 3 positions at the start of the range session. At the end, it was stuck fully extended. The locking button depresses fully, but the stock arms don't slide.

Removed the stock from the rifle and removed the block that holds the stock arms. The set screw at the bottom was loose a bit, but the two horizontal screws holding the block were in fine.

Pulled the whole thing apart and the stock arms slide freely. Screwed it all back together and it's still locked open, even though the release button traverses freely.

The operation looks simple enough, so I must be missing something, because I see nothing that would impede the stock arms and the release works fine.

Ideas?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is kinked. One side arm is more forward than the other. Push the button pull the stock back qt the same time.

Push atock forward evenly

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Mine did this called sig and they replaced it

No amount of working with the set screw would solve it, I could get it to work until I shot it again and it would lock back up. New one has been fine

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post