SIGforum
Burris 332 users a little help please.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/3670014244

May 29, 2018, 10:10 PM
smithnsig
Burris 332 users a little help please.
My windage and elevation adjustment screws don’t have a direction on them to turn for up/down left/right. Does yours? If so tell me which way to turn them for which adjustment.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...
May 30, 2018, 08:37 AM
RogueJSK
Odd.

I checked the online manual, and it even references directional arrows. In the section on sighting in, it states:

quote:
Make corrections as necessary using the adjustment knobs that have bullet-strike directional arrows.

Sounds like Burris has been cutting corners. (Not surprising, coming from them.)
May 30, 2018, 09:00 AM
ArtieS
Left and UP are both counter clockwise.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
May 30, 2018, 09:19 AM
Jimbo54
Must be a factory defect because they are clearly marked on my 332. Maybe send it back or just remember the direction of turn.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
May 30, 2018, 09:24 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Must be a factory defect because they are clearly marked on my 332. Maybe send it back or just remember the direction of turn.

Jim

Or, it could be Chicom fake? Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Q

May 30, 2018, 09:41 AM
RogueJSK
Considering the real 332s are also made in China, that's a distinct possibility.

Chinese factories love ripping off products, especially other Chinese-made products.
May 30, 2018, 01:23 PM
Jimbo54
I think we found the answer. Try sending it back to whomever you bought it from for a refund.

Good luck,

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
May 30, 2018, 08:04 PM
smithnsig
Got it at academy. Hope they are not selling knockoffs.

TCB all the time...
May 30, 2018, 10:21 PM
smithnsig
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Left and UP are both counter clockwise.

Ok to be sure, is elevation on top or the side. I made out an “R” on the top adjustment screw, but no arrow. On my Leupolds, the top is elevation adjustment.

TCB all the time...
May 31, 2018, 12:56 AM
CandyMan.45
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Ok to be sure, is elevation on top or the side. I made out an “R” on the top adjustment screw, but no arrow. On my Leupolds, the top is elevation adjustment.

Top is always elevation...
May 31, 2018, 10:08 AM
ArtieS
Elevation is on top, windage on right side.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
June 02, 2018, 08:32 AM
smithnsig
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:

Top is always elevation...

That’s what I always thought. What a cluster. I’m taking it back to academy. It’s been sitting g in my closet for about 6 months. Hope I can find receipt.

TCB all the time...