SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Got a little problem that requires a new rifle to fix!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got a little problem that requires a new rifle to fix! Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
After picking up an ACOG in the classifieds I’m thinking I’ll put it on the 12.5”.

This means the Kahles 1-6 won’t have a home!

So I’m thinking POF Rogue or whatever else might tickle my fancy as a host for the Kahles.

What ya got for a recommendation?

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Oooh... And I thought I was sitting good with a Leupold 4.5-14x50AO looking for a host.

I think a Kahles would look good on a European bolt action, maybe with fancy wood?

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Oooh... And I thought I was sitting good with a Leupold 4.5-14x50AO looking for a host.

I think a Kahles would look good on a European bolt action, maybe with fancy wood?

Keep talking Smile like a Sako 85 Classic in 375 H&H

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
After picking up an ACOG in the classifieds I’m thinking I’ll put it on the 12.5”.

This means the Kahles 1-6 won’t have a home!

So I’m thinking POF Rogue or whatever else might tickle my fancy as a host for the Kahles.

What ya got for a recommendation?

I run a 1-8 NF on my Rogue, and love it!

Posts: 368 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
If you're wanting a semiauto .308, I think you're on the right track with POF.

Get the POF Rogue if you want absolute lightest weight.

Or the POF Revolution DI (newer/direct impingement) if you want some extra bells and whistles and are okay with just a few extra ounces.

Or the POF Revolution (original/piston) if you insist on it being piston-driven.

A POF Revolution DI will almost certainly be my next rifle purchase.

Posts: 32505 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
JDI has a few 550/551 rifles in stock if you want to stay European.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
If you're wanting a semiauto .308, I think you're on the right track with POF.

Get the POF Rogue if you want absolute lightest weight.

Or the POF Revolution DI (newer/direct impingement) if you want some extra bells and whistles and are okay with just a few extra ounces.

Or the POF Revolution (original/piston) if you insist on it being piston-driven.

A POF Revolution DI will almost certainly be my next rifle purchase.

Hadn’t paid much attention to the revolution but that IS nice!

I don’t know why but I’m on a bolt gun kick right now, I’m sure it’s a phase but I’ll have to think hard about that revolution.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
How about a Tikka T3x Arctic?

Its certainly unique ...

Posts: 15890 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
How about a Tikka T3x Arctic?

Its certainly unique ...

Unless you're just enamored with the blaze orange laminate stock, or for whatever reason feel a burning desire to dress up as a Canadian Ranger, you'd almost certainly be better off with a T3x Compact Tactical.

All the same features (same calibers, same 20" barrel, same stainless finish, same 10 round mag, etc.), just with a black synthetic stock, and no iron sights to deal with - which are redundant since he's specifically looking for a host for an existing scope.

Posts: 32505 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Beretta has a new bolt that looks good, but I have only seen them in a synthetic stocks. Plus I think they have yet to be brought over.

Tikka/Sako are good choices. But maybe something from Germany? Like Sauer. Or Mauser...

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post