SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Poll about AR ownership
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poll about AR ownership Login/Join 
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
My first Ar was an Olympic Arms
I got rid of that yrs ago. Since I have owned DPMS, Rock River.
Now own a Noveske, a Daniel Defense, a Colt 6920, a FN and several Anderson pistols with braces and have 10 or so stripped lowers in the safe for future projects.
Have not shot any of them for a while. I have lots of ammo, but hate to shoot it and have to replace it at todays market pricing.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
I have a few. Wink

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
The first AR I fired was the first one I bought, in 1987, a Colt A2 HBAR. It was after I had dislocated my right shoulder while firing my M1A (no, not what you think Razz). I sold it a while back. Currently I own 3, a 16" carbine, a 20" scoped tack driver that I built myself, and one of the Brownells E1 clones. That's if you don't count the pair of stripped lowers that I haven't decided what to do with yet (although a Mk12 Mod-0 is still on my wish list...).

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I bought the parts to make this back in 1993/1994 just before the AWB went into effect. But, before I could have it assembled, the ATF said no pre-ban configurations, even on pre-ban receivers, unless it was assembled prior to the ban. I then sat on everything for 11 years and finally assembled it in 2005. All told, I am into it $1500 for the stripped lower and the upper sans the BCG. The BCG and parts are all DPMS but I couldn’t tell you how I paid for them back in late 1993 early 1994.

It shoots well and is very reliable. But it is a true Franken AR15.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post