SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Magpul UBR Stock???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magpul UBR Stock??? Login/Join 
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted
So they are on sale at Palmetto, I have a Gen1 on one of my other AR's.

This one is the Gen2, but it doesn't come with all the parts needed.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Ma...lapsible-Stock-Black

NOTE: The UBR GEN2 includes a custom receiver extension tube, buffer spacer, and mounting hardware. A carbine buffer and spring (M4 or SR-25 length) or A5 buffer and spring are required for use and are not included.

So is it worth it without the other parts, and then on to my question where do I buy those parts (I know this is hard to believe) but I am not the greatest AR mechanic Big Grin

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK can't tell you a thing about the UBR gen 2 as I don't have one. I also have a gen1 and it isn't my favorite. But I think the second part of your question if I understand it is where to get a carbine buffer and spring (you didn't say caliber so this will matter when shopping). but practically the answer is anywhere. really anywhere. Any decent online site will have them like brownells or midwayusa. Sites we don't mention by name have them. heck even local retailers have them. There are std ones, better ones and super ones. But you can get one everywhere.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Believe that is the way they ship. Makes sense based on all the available buffer springs and buffer weights. If you don’t have an opinion on the combo you like, you’ll need to research the topic. Example link below. No affiliation. Once you know the specifics of what you want, an internet search should lead you to a retailer, etc.

https://www.wingtactical.com/b...fers-buffer-springs/

Posts: 607 | Location: Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
That's how they're supposed to come.
They're meant to be a replacement for buffer tube & stock.
No matter what other stock you buy... you'd still need to get a buffer and spring - and a tube for that matter.

Special note:
The tube they include is defined for the A5 buffer system.
If you go to use a standard carbine buffer system, you MUST use the included spacer or you're gonna have nasty cycling issues.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
I have the Gen I and like them very much. Never had a chance to snag a GenII yet.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Wish I could help, as I have a rifle with the first gen UBR on it but no experience or knowledge on the second gen. Tagged to learn more from others, and wish you good luck on whatever you do.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have gen 1 on all my AR s. them for they are tanks some will frown on the weight because they are heavier than most on my Sig 716 I had to put a Gen 2

Posts: 163 | Location: Murrells inlet SC | Registered: December 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
For those who have both, does the Gen 2 feel as rock-solid and sturdy?

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I have a UBR Gen 2 and love it. This is on my Valkyrie build. I used the JP Silent capture spring for my buffer. I don't have a Gen 1 but this thing is solid with zero movement.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've several but they are all Gen 1, just what is the difference between them?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I've several but they are all Gen 1, just what is the difference between them?

Weight primarily. They look at a little different but I think the main goal was same function in a lighter option.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
For those who have both, does the Gen 2 feel as rock-solid and sturdy?

Absolutely. Maybe more so, If thats possible.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post