SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Dang it, I did NOT intend for this to happen!!! (Ruger 10/22 followed me home)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dang it, I did NOT intend for this to happen!!! (Ruger 10/22 followed me home) Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Well, this just happened.....

Was out at the LGS helping a friend pick out a pistol. Knowing full well I would give in to my baser desires if I stopped to look at anything, I kept moving. But when she started on the paperwork, I got caught. Glanced up on the wall and there it was. Takedown 10/22....with Magpul goodies? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!! Which they gladly did.

So....optics? Volquartsen add-ons? What's next? I know I have SOME Volquartsen stuff in my other 10/22, just can't recall what.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
Very cool. I was handling one of those at an LGS last weekend, and I really like the concept, though a CZ Trainer is vying for my attention as well (yes, I know, two completely different concepts, but what can I say).

My only hesitation is that the length of pull seemed a little short. I looked at the buttstock, and it looks like there's two screws. Do you know if you can add spacers to this stock?

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holger Danske:
Do you know if you can add spacers to this stock?

According to the Magpul documentation, you can add 3/8" LOP by swapping out the existing butt pad for the MOE SL Enhanced Butt-pad.

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Now that is cool. I love the magazine storage in the stock.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
Great buy!

Love mine! With a suppressor and reddot on it it's perfect and cheap to shoot.

The citizen watches the watchman, not the taxpayer.

Posts: 765 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Ugh......not gonna even think about the wait time on another suppressor.

Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
yeah, that takes three days over here Wink

But Brugger & Thomet has a five week delay for delivery right now.

Anyway: nice blaster. My favorite .22 rifle.

The citizen watches the watchman, not the taxpayer.

Posts: 765 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
That is a really nifty idea with the extra magazine capacity.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Trying to decide if I want an optic or not, and if so, what.

I have another 10/22 with Tech Sites, so I'm thinking this one should have a scope.

Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
That is a really nifty idea with the extra magazine capacity.

There is a plug in the grip portion, so more storage room there and I'm told you can remove the buttpad to reveal more storage space.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I recently shot this 10 round group with my stock everything 10/22 TD, a Nikon Prostaff rimfire scope, and a suppressor, at 50 yards. No complaints and no need to add hundreds of dollars for triggers and such.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post