SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Browning SA22 LR from 1975
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning SA22 LR from 1975 Login/Join 
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cndrdk:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
yes, you can take them all down. I have a Belgian one, 1968 I believe, that is kind of a beater but I paid beater money for it right before my first son was born (he's 6.) It's a wheel sight model but the wheel sight had been lost and replaced. That is an almost impossible part to source nowadays.

They're the best 22LR I've ever played with and I'm a big Browning fan anyways. 10 round mag dumps make me smile like almost no other gun I own.

1968 should not have had the "wheel" rear sight. Serial number for 1968 model will be on bottom or barrel in front of forearm. Will start with 8TXXXX, 8 meaning year 1968 (7-1967, 6-1966, etc) and T for long rifle. Wheel sight models should have serial number on a plate on rear of buttstock where loading rod goes in.

You are correct. Mine is older. I remember researching it a long time ago and thinking it was around 1961 but forgot the SN format. Mine has a SN T86XXX on the butt around the magazine rod. It has an open slot for the rear portion of the wheel sight that is currently unoccupied. The front dovetail has a replacement flip-down sight with elevation lever.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
My wife gifted me one when I turned 40. My favorite .22 and possibly my favorite rifle.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have they really become collectable?

Look the sold ones up on GB; they often exceed $300 and sometimes a good bit more.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Continuing my rimfire theme. I purchased a laminated Ruger 10/22 Target model stock and added some aftermarket goodies to it. Kidd single stage trigger and bolt , Whistlepig aluminum barrel to stock Ruger receiver. I like the feel (pretty light) and the look. Hope to shoot it as soon as the NC weather settles down some.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2757 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Well, I won my first auction on Gunbroker for a new Browning BA22. I paid too much, about $100 more than I should have. But BA22s, particularly brand new ones, are hard to come by. And paying $100 too much for a good gun is far less shameful than some things I've spent money on. Roll Eyes I'll post some pics when I get it.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
By BA22, do you mean SA-22 or the BAR-22? They are completely different .22 LR rifles.

Posts: 12460 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
^^^^^
By BA22, do you mean SA-22 or the BAR-22? They are completely different .22 LR rifles.

The BAR-22 wasn't as classy, but had a distinctive Browning look to it

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14180 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Yes, SA22, sorry. I've got a BL22 and always say I want a BA22. I'm used to making that error now.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Micro, glad you got yourself one of the SA22s. You will love it , like the rest of us. Happy for you. Take some pictures !

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2757 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My uncle had one from the early sixties. It was with that and his Marlin 39 Mountie from the same era that I learned to shoot a .22. What a great couple of rifles to cut your teeth on. Do I have to tell you how much I would love to have them today?

Posts: 2692 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post