SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Thoughts on a Barret REC 7?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thoughts on a Barret REC 7? Login/Join 
Picture of pepsiblue
posted
I came across one today, and honestly it was the first one I have ever seen in person. It was the piston version, with Magpul grip and stock, and Mlok hand guard. Everything I've seen online looks good, but does anyone have any first hand experience?

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2490 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I am also interested in answers.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have a REC 7 so no help on that. But I do have a number of Barrett firearms and they are well thought out, totally reliable, and completely satisfactory. In addition Barrett has simply the best customer service in the industry. period.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I have two.
Both in 5.56
One with 16” barrel - other with 18”

I’ve shot the hell outa the 16”
zero issues that weren’t my fault.
Had to send it back once (my fault) and barret handled it all super well.
I’ve run them both suppressed and unsuppressed.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that has one. I've played with it a bit. He's very happy with it. They are well made rifles, just pricey.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pepsiblue:
It was the piston version...

I thought they were all piston guns. Did something change and Barrett start offering them as a direct impingement version?

Thanks,
JP

Posts: 2041 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
They have both.
Have had both for at least a few years now.
The DI ones are about 1/3 cheaper

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
Well, after having it on hold for a few days, I put it on layaway today! It was definitely not in my budget, but what the hell. I'll dig a few things out of the safe to sell and offset the cost. I'm sure I'll have a few more questions, but
I'll find an owners manual online or on ebay and that should help. I have an AR already, but was wanting a "Gucci" AR, and this fit the bill. It has a full length Mlok rail, factory ceracoated, nickle boron coated bolt, and its piston operated. I'm pretty stoked! Thanks for all the insight!!

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2490 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of c_zielsdorf
posted Hide Post
I've got a Gen2 flyweight.
Hands down my favorite rifle.

Disabled combat vet

Posts: 1409 | Location: WY | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post