SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New Ruger PC9
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Ruger PC9 Login/Join 
posted
I traded my buddy a Walther PDP for an extra Ruger PC9 he had sitting in the safe. After adding a Holosun 507c I hit the range with it yesterday afternoon. The carbine is a freaking tack driver. If I knew the thing shot as well as it did, I would have purchased one earlier.

I started off with some cheap factory ammo that did not shoot all that accurately but my hand loads were a different story. It shot them into 1 hole at 25 yds. I took the barrel off, reinstalled and checked zero. The gun shot right back to the same spot, but I threw a couple. This will be my truck gun since it pack away niceley in its takedown case.

First group. Cheap factory ammo

]

Five shots Everglades 115GR JHP with 4gr Titegroup.

5 more shots into the above group after removing the barrel and reattaching. I threw a couple.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I like my Ruger PC 9 and I'm pleased with the accuracy of mine. Better than I expected.

It suppresses well too.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
That's some nice shooting! I had a PC Carbine for a while and it was a god shooter and reliable....it should suit your purposes well, especially if you can shoot it like that!

Posts: 8413 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I can't tell how you did because I couldn't read the numbers on the target and I knocked crap all over my desk trying to move the monitor upside down and then stopped trying. Great grouping though!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
I can't tell how you did because I couldn't read the numbers on the target and I knocked crap all over my desk trying to move the monitor upside down and then stopped trying. Great grouping though!

Lol……I just realized the pics are upside down.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
What was the factory ammo? That’s a pretty huge difference.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3181 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Titegroup is one of my favourite powders. Inexpensive, fast burning, and accurate.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
Australian targets Mate.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post