SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Brought out some Korean War vets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brought out some Korean War vets Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted
Going through the safes giving everything a look and a good coat of Ballistol getting ready for the move. These are a couple of my favorite milsurps in the collection.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Taste. This thread has it, and plenty.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Easy to guess why they're some of your favorites.

Posts: 780 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I gotta say, really like the wood grain on the carbine stock and hand guard. Nice figuring.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!!! Ill have to show the Korean War Vet i work with. He mostly shot bigger stuff (artillery) but he loves the Garand too

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Your Garand sniper, M1D? I am having a brain fart is impressive. Even the slight “damage” to the right side of the stock has that “been there done that” impression. Probably because it has been there and done that!!! I

Posts: 4024 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
Your Garand sniper, M1D? I am having a brain fart

Yep. M1D

The earlier type of Garand sniper rifle, the M1C, uses a different scope mount.

M1C Mount:

M1D Mount:

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
Your Garand sniper, M1D? I am having a brain fart

Yep. M1D

The earlier type of Garand sniper rifle, the M1C, uses a different scope mount.

M1C Mount:

M1D Mount:

You are right!!!! Your photo of the M1C mount reminds me that one of my M1’s has it’s received drilled and tapped for that style of scope mounts.

Posts: 4024 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
If it had that, it also has the mounting block, and is not just an M1, but an M1C without a scope mounted. Throw one of those on there to complete it. I spent months trying to argue a friend out of making that modification to a nice M1, and he may have done it anyway.

Picture of Hunterex
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
If it had that, it also has the mounting block, and is not just an M1, but an M1C without a scope mounted. Throw one of those on there to complete it. I spent months trying to argue a friend out of making that modification to a nice M1, and he may have done it anyway.

As a matter of fact, I have not. Nor was I ever interested in a C model M1. What I had considered was a Criterion barrel with an M1D block to replace the post-war barrel. No permanent modification.

But if you want to save it from that fate, contact me and it's yours.

Posts: 102 | Registered: November 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post