SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    WCA 551 Question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WCA 551 Question Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Every time you get cash out of the bank get an extra $20 and stash it. Before you know it you'll have the money for a JDI. Or even a M+M 551-2 SWAT. They're pretty badass....

Posts: 436 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCFD4:
Every time you get cash out of the bank get an extra $20 and stash it. Before you know it you'll have the money for a JDI. Or even a M+M 551-2 SWAT. They're pretty badass....

I have a 553 JDI. Which I shoot often and very much enjoy. I am only away of one 551-2 for sale on GB, is there somewhere else to look?

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2505 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not that I'm aware of. There were several on GB over the last year when numerous people were selling their JDI buys but things seem to have slowed down recently.

Posts: 436 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did get a hand picked one 10 years ago or whenever it was and ended up SBRing it. I looked up the one you're speaking of and the asking prices have definitely gone up....

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darkest2000:
If you're going through the trouble of SBR and engraving something I'd definitely go with a true "Swiss" gun, be it JDI, Michaels Machines or if you've got more dough, those LEO trade ins from way back when.

Collectability wise, any Swiss gun would be superior to a 556 and it's derivative any day of the week.

Agreed. However M+M was not Michael’s Machines. It was Mike Meyers at CO Gun Sales.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leonidas211:
Gentlemen,

I always appreciate the lengthy review. I wanted to offer a prologue.

I think I just need to continue to look for the real deal. The issue is the asking prices are just not what I am willing to pay at the moment.

The prices aren’t going to get any better. If you’re waiting for a deal, you’ll more than likely end up just watching the prices increase.

quote:
Originally posted by leonidas211:
quote:
Originally posted by DCFD4:

I have a 553 JDI. Which I shoot often and very much enjoy. I am only away of one 551-2 for sale on GB, is there somewhere else to look?

Gunbroker item 97296666 is not a bad starting bid price. I’d jump on it if you want a 551.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JoshNC,

"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ You might want to delete the live auction. Wink

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I had a 556 with Swiss lower and all Swiss furniture with a welded on diopter. Basically the same as that without the 551 rollmarks and sold for $3200 about 18mos ago. So, it's not a bad price. When you can get a JDI 551 with the 16" barrel for $4k or so, why not do that?

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
I had a 556 with Swiss lower and all Swiss furniture with a welded on diopter. Basically the same as that without the 551 rollmarks and sold for $3200 about 18mos ago. So, it's not a bad price. When you can get a JDI 551 with the 16" barrel for $4k or so, why not do that?

I agree completely.

posted Hide Post
There's a WCA for sale on Sturmgewehr and he's accepting offers... If that's what you want to go with.