SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Learned much about modern sporting rifles and suppliers lately
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Learned much about modern sporting rifles and suppliers lately Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted
When one of the parts supply houses says its a one day sale, they aren't kidding. I had to get used to a Geissle SSA-E reduced to $159 from $245 really won't be on sale the next day. I can't recall a niche supply chain that offers pop up short term sales offers like this industry.

So with internet stores and sales, I guess the one day sales go until midnight in the time zone of the supplier?

Posts: 7518 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
i would assume so. who had that deaql?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19346 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Brownells on May 2.

Posts: 7518 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
It’s pressure to buy. People are hurting for money and spending less, so flash sales help keep money coming in so the suppliers can keep the lights on.

Posts: 17334 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep. The short ticking clock creates pressure from a sense of urgency, and triggers the potential buyer's impulse buying proclivities as well as their fear of missing out.

Posts: 32645 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Yep. The short ticking clock creates pressure from a sense of urgency, and triggers the potential buyer's impulse buying proclivities as well as their fear of missing out.

I see what you did there, Rogue Smile

Posts: 461 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Rogue is right, putting it on the clock creates the sense of urgency.

And if you understand retail sales, you'll also likely understand the concept of a loss-leader.

Posts: 10770 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Once you get into their rhythm, you realize that they will soon have another one-day sale.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10518 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Do not know details about Geissle, but vendors who like to maintain a stable market have a policy of limiting or selecting the number of days which a supplier or retailer can put items on sale and remain authorized. Garmin is an example of this. If you get caught outside of their guidelines they'll suspend or block your supply side.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2046 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post