SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Where to get a barrel dimpled for gas block?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to get a barrel dimpled for gas block? Login/Join 
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted
Who's the best shop to dimple a Ballistic Advantage nitride AR-15 barrel for me?

I'm looking for very high quality and reasonable turnaround time, hopefully someone who has the right machine and does this a lot.

Thanks.

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Dimple jigs are about $25 plus a drill bit.
I have KVP jigs for .625 and .750
I imagine a smith will charge more than $25.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Yep, I also have a Kaw Valley Precision gas block dimpling jig; it's pretty easy to use and doing it yourself is going to save time & money.

quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
Dimple jigs are about $25 plus a drill bit.
I have KVP jigs for .625 and .750
I imagine a smith will charge more than $25.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rackrack:
Who's the best shop to dimple a Ballistic Advantage nitride AR-15 barrel for me?

I'm looking for very high quality and reasonable turnaround time, hopefully someone who has the right machine and does this a lot.

Thanks.

Retro Arms Works, John Thomas is the answer. Excellent customer service, work and the fastest turn around times I’ve experienced.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Just going to throw this out there, if you don't already have the gas block, clamping type gas blocks are more secure than set screw types.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post