SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Rear shooting bag filler for week hands?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rear shooting bag filler for week hands? Login/Join 
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted
I just got my first rear bag. It has some soft cowhide on the ends, the rest is cordura with dimensions about 3.5 x 2.5 x 7 inches. I dont have the grip strength to squeeze the bag and get significant movement. The bag I bought has a rubber fill that has a good weight to it, but the fill is cylindrical, not spherical. I feel like I can find a better fill that will let me manipulate the bag more.

I understand it's a trade off with weight and stability, but I need it to have more movement from my limited squeeze strength.

Does anyone have an Idea for a filler? Cheaper is better, it's an Amazon bag that I'm trying before I invest in something 6 or 7 times it's cost.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4899 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Try airsoft pellets.

Posts: 7743 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Seconding Airsoft pellets. Easy to squeeze and shape, but stays pretty much in place once adjusted.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 17007 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick42
posted Hide Post
My wife bought some pretty cheap plastic pellets from Hobby Lobby and some camo fabric to make some custom bags for the range and deer hunting from a stand. The pellets are normally used for crafts like stuffing toys and dolls. They ended up at the Goldilocks weight for me, just right.

Posts: 65 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post