SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    2023: The Henry Homesteader 9mm Semi-Automatic Carbine
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2023: The Henry Homesteader 9mm Semi-Automatic Carbine Login/Join 
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Have to ask...when do we get it in 10mm?

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3623 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
It's remindful of the Winchester Self-Loading rifles (models 1905/1907/1910). Winchester Self-Loading rifles - Bing Images (These were not handgun-caliber.)

Posts: 27814 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ "Reminiscent", maybe? And wasn't the Winchester what Hamer used (with, essentially, an intermediate cartridge) to shoot up Bonnie and Clyde's car in Louisiana?

I could stand a longer front end, but I still think this thing was meant for something more interesting like being chambered for EBR ammunition or maybe something like Winchester's Super Short cartridges. I'd suggest something like Remington's .30AR or a somehow-improved version of it if Henry really wanted to try something exotic.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^ "Reminiscent", maybe? And wasn't the Winchester what Hamer used (with, essentially, an intermediate cartridge) to shoot up Bonnie and Clyde's car in Louisiana?

He used a Remington Model 8 in .35 Remington and Barrow took one to the temple from either he or his deputy who was also using the same rifle and caliber.

A quick refresher just reminded me that Hamer also carried a 1911 on the ambush.... in .38 Super. .38 Super was the fashionable caliber of the day amongst gangsters (e.g. Dillinger) vs. .45 ACP as it had a reputation for defeating contemporary bullet proof vests.

I don't think anyone in the posse that day took any chances of being underpowered.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do love it since I'm a Henry simp, but I have to ask myself...what does this do that a Ruger PC Carbine (for almost half the money) doesn't do?

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 964 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonDaddy82:
I do love it since I'm a Henry simp, but I have to ask myself...what does this do that a Ruger PC Carbine (for almost half the money) doesn't do?

Look good.

I really liked the old ruger pc9 before they made the take down version. The newer take down styling never appealed to me. Too much tacticool. The Henry's classic look is appealing to me.

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amc:
quote:
Originally posted by JonDaddy82:

Look good.

Yup. 100%

A lot of people seem to forget that sometimes some people own guns for fun.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spotted a short video on Youtube or two with essentially first impressions of the Homesteader.
This is one.

https://youtu.be/Z3CQG7eunp8

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amc:
I really liked the old ruger pc9 before they made the take down version. The newer take down styling never appealed to me. Too much tacticool. The Henry's classic look is appealing to me.

I really wish Hogue made a stock for the PC Carbine. I emailed them about it several times and never heard back. This Henry offering looks good, though.

Posts: 17045 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Oh yeah. That walnut-and-steel look is right up my alley. Looks almost like a 9mm BAR....

I was thinking it looks like my Browning BAR-22.

It is certainly something I'm interested in. It looks like a homerun design for Henry.

Posts: 12429 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too am drawn to this carbine like a moth to a flame!
The lines are there as is that “just a normal little rifle” look too.
As for caliber, ok I’ll say it, why not one in .30 Carbine? Though 10mm or .357SIG would be nice too.

BB61, THANK YOU!

POW/MIA: You are Not Forgotten

Posts: 474 | Location: East St.Louis, Il. | Registered: June 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
.357SIG

Fingers crossed. That would make any PCC interesting to me.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
.357SIG

Fingers crossed. That would make any PCC interesting to me.

Never going to happen. One of my all time favorites, but I think the Sig round is doomed.

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Badkarma 1:
As for caliber, ok I’ll say it, why not one in .30 Carbine?

Well, the ammo isn't cheap anymore and I think it's been done better in that caliber. Add to that, you're dealing with a much longer round so the design doesn't just port over to other pistol calibers, and the magazines aren't as prolific as Glock mags. Nobody asks "does it take M1 Carbine magazines?" Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Badkarma 1:
Though 10mm or .357SIG would be nice too.

Oh, it would be a hoot in 10mm!

Posts: 17045 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does someone make a version of this in .30-.30 ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54487 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Remember, this thing is blowback. Not really an optimal design for rifle rounds (bolt mass would have to be HUGE!), or any caliber that is commonly loaded across a wide range of power factors like 10mm (would probably need customizable weight inserts and a savvy shooter to tune it to their specific load).

Posts: 8393 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really want to like this rifle. That ugly stick mag though ruins the appeal to me. It is incongruous. Nice wood, big plastic mag. Just doesn’t work for me.

Posts: 7337 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Hi-Point and TNW Aero both make 10MM carbines with reasonable bolt design/masses.

Posts: 15838 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I know it can be done with pistol calibers. But I was thinking .30 carbine and definitely .30-30 Win would be a bit much.

I'm curious about the Hi-Point and TNW 10mms, and how they handle the wide variety of loadings in that caliber. My PSA 9mm AR had significant problems switching between loads, and required careful buffer weight and spring selection. Even my CMMG RDB gun has weights to tune the bolt for optimal performance with different loads and supressed/unsuppressed shooting.

Posts: 8393 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Remember, this thing is blowback. Not really an optimal design for rifle rounds (bolt mass would have to be HUGE!),

Thanks
That clears it up.

So
I am looking at a Grand M1

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54487 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post