SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    My new Marlin/Ruger Classic .44 Mag
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new Marlin/Ruger Classic .44 Mag Login/Join 
posted
My dealer got the first one in from his distributor. He showed it to me yesterday and I foolishly walked out without it. Quoted me a price of only $1,000 which I thought was great.

Did not sleep last night especially after seeing the crooks on GunBroker and other sites for prices from $1,250 to $1,500.

What really kept me awake was the vision of this unbelievable beautiful stock. I did not see even one photo on line featuring a stock this nice. Ruger probably did not dare put a photo of this stock on their ad page for fear that everybody would want one.

Just tried some A-Zoom snap caps which loaded and fed like silk. Was thinking of maybe not shooting this but I am sure that feeling will go away.

Let me know what you think.

Trooper Joe

Posts: 426 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful wood on your new rifle!

Posts: 3223 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Yes, gorgeous!

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15898 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
You would often see wood like that on Red Labels, #1s and M77s.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Looks great, enjoy shooting it.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1560 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Holy shit! Yes, that is pretty much the bargain of the year, what a beauty!!

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You won the wood lottery with that one!

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can’t believe you walked out on that. Lol. Beautiful wood on that. I’m glad Ruger is doing these again. They look nice.

Posts: 7538 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new rifle, I like it!
.44 mag is a great choice for a lever gun, in my opinion.

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
As has been said, that's some beautiful lumber. I've got a older Marlin in 44mag that I keep in my truck. It's a heck of a shooter. Hot loads can smart a little, but I load them down a bit and it's just plain fun to shoot. Looks like your's has a butt pad and that should help with those hot ones. Enjoy! You'll like it.

Order up some Skinner sights for it. You won't be sorry.

Posts: 20118 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That is much better than average walnut. I have two Marlins from the pre-Remington days, and they are good riles, but the wood is pretty plain.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
That wood is beautiful!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1959 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Yep, that's No. 1 grade walnut there. Nice job.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10491 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you go peep sights, which you should, look at Ranger Point Precision. I have those and a set of Skinners. I think the RPP are the better of the two.

Posts: 7538 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
If you go peep sights, which you should, look at Ranger Point Precision. I have those and a set of Skinners. I think the RPP are the better of the two.

For me both practically and from a classic vintage look standpoint a classic folding tang sight is the way to go

Posts: 3293 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow that’s Nice wood !
I have an older marlin 44 rifle. I hope Ruger makes a pistol gripped 16 inch version

Posts: 4775 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Wow. That's the nicest factory stock I've seen in decades.

Posts: 32524 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been thinking about one of those and would have bought that for the wood alone. Well done!

Posts: 130 | Location: GA | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Great decision to get it. Beautiful.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Great to see the Marlin walnut stock bullseye in Ruger era stock.

I am guessing that Ruger changed it to red from black?

Beautiful lever action, well done!

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post