SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New hammer part of MCX recall?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New hammer part of MCX recall? Login/Join 
posted
I'm in the process of getting the MCX bolt carrier replacement concluded. And the mystery is why SIG sent me a new hammer. The very nice CS lady didn't tell me and I just said sure, sent it.

The hammer came first. I believe it is a MIM part and the original is not. And the 2nd hammer is virtually the same shape as the original. I cannot see that the new one will be any different when it comes to activating the new firing pin safety lever.

So why the new hammer?

OBTW, the new hammer was made in India. And India is in the process of a big program to buy new infantry assault rifles. Think there is a connection?

Bart Noir

Posts: 22 | Location: Soggy Puget Sound | Registered: October 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The new bcg has a firing pin safety. The new hammer disengages the safety prior to striking the firing pin. Im pretty sure after market triggers wont work with the new bcg.

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SoMaR:
The new bcg has a firing pin safety. The new hammer disengages the safety prior to striking the firing pin. Im pretty sure after market triggers wont work with the new bcg.

Some aftermarket triggers work with the new firing pin safety. The new firing pin safeties labeled with a "G" are made to work with Geissele triggers like the SSA or G2S.

Posts: 3403 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post