SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Aero Precision Handguard
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aero Precision Handguard Login/Join 
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted
I'm looking at an Aero Precision 10" upper in 300 BO, but I can't decide between the S-ONE handguard or the R-One.

Any thoughts on either of them?

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
A shop in Tacoma right by work, and right by where Aero is/was located has a whole bin full of them. I got to handle both examples a few weeks ago and what struck me was how incredibly light they are. If you want, I can stop in there on the way home today if there’s anything more specific you’re curious about. Not attached to rifles and no more experience than handling and observing, but up to you. Aero makes quality stuff, I don’t think you can go wrong with either, just pick the one that has features you prefer.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Thanks, but that's not necessary. I'm just curious what everyone has to say about them.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
R for me I do not like the split rail of the S.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I like the S-One. No top rail in the middle where you're gripping it to chew up your fingers, and it has a very lightweight and svelte profile that is easy to get your hand around. If you need a few more rail segments to mount something to, it's M-Lock so It's easy to add them.

If I were going to hang a bunch of stuff off the gun and needed the full top rail, I'd definitely consider the R-One, but I like a lighter, less-cluttered setup, and for my purposes the S-One is my favorite.

I also really like the mounting solution that Aero uses for their handguards...they have a triangular locking nut that interfaces with a corresponding groove in the barrel nut. It give the impression of being much more positive and durable than some of the other alternatives out there, particularly the friction clamp-on styles.

Posts: 8567 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post