SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Mason-Howe Rifle Room    CZ 457 Varmint .22 for $499.99 at Palmetto right now
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
CZ 457 Varmint .22 for $499.99 at Palmetto right now Login/Join 
Member
Picture of ridewv
posted
This is a sweet deal for anyone interested in one.

https://palmettostatearmory.co...6&utm_content=775141


No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.
 
Posts: 8540 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
That's a decent price for a good rifle.
 
Posts: 8494 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
I just wish it was a threaded barrel. Not a bad price still.


_______________________
P228 - West German
 
Posts: 2166 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
That's about $200 off the usual price.

CZs used to be a relative bargain. I got a full-sized .22 bolt ("Training Rifle) in 2002 for $229, a 75D Compact PCR in 2006-7 for $469, and a P-01 with a NSN (NATO Stocking Number) in 2017 for $599. Even taking inflation over the years out of play, they are nowhere near that now.
 
Posts: 32047 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

CZs used to be a relative bargain. I got a full-sized .22 bolt ("Training Rifle) in 2002 for $229, a 75D Compact PCR in 2006-7 for $469, and a P-01 with a NSN (NATO Stocking Number) in 2017 for $599. Even taking inflation over the years out of play, they are nowhere near that now.


I agree. CZ make good firearms but they're not the bargain they used to be.


No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.
 
Posts: 8540 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
I agree. CZ make good firearms but they're not the bargain they used to be.


NOTHING IS!!! Frown

That said I don't have experience with the 457 but I have a few 452's and they are wonderful rifles. Even at $499 in 2026 I still think its a pretty damn good .22.


Take Care, Shoot Safe,
Chris
 
Posts: 8783 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I was looking for a 457 Varmint or Varmint MTR and ended up trading into an MTR. If not I'd have been on that deal like a duck on a June bug! They're great rifles right out of the box and customization is pretty easy if you want to go crazy.




Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.
 
Posts: 3848 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Out of stock. Frown

I'll bet that barrel could be threaded pretty easily by a number of shops. They are also easy to swap out, according to the website. You could just purchase a separate threaded barrel.


________________________________________

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
 
Posts: 18838 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Mason-Howe Rifle Room    CZ 457 Varmint .22 for $499.99 at Palmetto right now

© SIGforum 2026