SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    308 ammo prices
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

308 ammo prices Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
I’m new to the 308 world. What’s a decent price per round for ball ammo?

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Depends what you want to do? Hit steel out to 100m and make noise? Priv and Federal M80 like loads for 0.50-60/rd.

Long range shooting? $0.85-1.50 per round for Federal GMM, Black Hills, etc.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Barnes ttsx 150g is my preferred hunting round for my 308, it’s about 40 dollars a box so 2 bucks a round.

For practice I generally just buy federal blue box for about 1/2 the price.

It adds up since I try to shoot a box a week in the 3-4 months leading up to my bigger hunts.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Leemur, this is a useful site when pricing ammo-

Ammo price search

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
SGAmmo has been running 308/762 from several locations (Malaysia, Euro etc) lately with decent prices and shipping

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
pretty much with any ammo - I look at SG Ammo and Target Sports USA and go from there...

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.55/ round for M80 is baseline today. 8 years ago it was $1.25/ round. Supply and demand. Buy in bulk and stack it deep.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
pretty much with any ammo - I look at SG Ammo and Target Sports USA and go from there...

------------------------------------

I've used both as well as Ammunition Depot for my purchases. Gun Bot, Ammo Seek are two websites that allow you to compare prices for various sellers for many ammo calibers.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
https://www.sportsmansoutdoors...ducts2.cfm/ID/103830

Tony

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post