SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    General Purpose Shotgun - Barrel Length
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

General Purpose Shotgun - Barrel Length Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just keep in mind it's all about having Fun, not "winning".

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a big difference between shooting skeet loads and 3” Mag BBs when goose hunting. 100 rds of skeet is no big deal on your shoulder, but pass shooting geese or hunting a big spread where there’s lots of shooting will put a hurting on you - depending on your gun.

28” is a pretty standard bird hunting length barrel down in Louisiana and South Texas.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I got to take her out to the clays range last weekend for the first time. It is very light and has very soft recoil. I hit 71 out of 115 clays, which I was extremely pleased with considering it was my second time shooting clays in around 8 years. My previous trip a few weeks ago, I hit 36 with a rented Winchester semi-auto.

I was still concerned that I should have gone with the 26" barrel instead of the 28", but after the first few shots I completely forgot about it and am glad I went with the 28".

I had also picked up a shirt with a pad in a pouch for the shoulder, and had only a little bit of pain afterward with no bruising at all.

I REALLY like this gun.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post