SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Scoping a Savage 99?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scoping a Savage 99? Login/Join 
posted
The title pretty much says it all. Trying to scope a .243. Maximum objective is 40mm, and I need at least 4" of eye relief.

Thanks in advance.
Herk

Posts: 526 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
is the 99 already drilled and tapped?

leupold or redfield (basically the same) mount and rings, and a nice vintage Weaver should do you well

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10606 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Just curious - is your Savage 99 the version with the removeable magazines? Saw it on American Rifleman, I think. Fascinating rifle. How does it shoot?

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6153 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KPSquared
posted Hide Post
Pic of my scoped 99F

Here is my Savage 99F in 308. Hopefully the pic can give you some ideas.

Thanks,
KPSquared

Posts: 811 | Location: Ft. Knox, KY | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies, gents. It is drilled and tapped. No on the removable mag.

My ‘smith is wanting to put a rail on top so we can move the scope back. I’m not sold on that idea.

Posts: 526 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post