SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Spear/MCX rail and barrel deviation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spear/MCX rail and barrel deviation Login/Join 
posted
So, is there anything to this or is it just internet chatter? I was thinking of picking up another Spear LT, but this has me second guessing my choice.

Posts: 503 | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's legit an issue. Arisaka has a reinforcing bracket solution for both rifles. I own both and put the bracket on both...the regular MCX didn't deflect anywhere near as much as the Spear did but still had a little flex.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Based upon what I have seen, it can be an issue. But, to what level an issue it actually is remains to be seen. With everybody competing for clicks and likes, I’d be wary without doing some testing yourself.

Also, every M4 pattern rifle will do this to some degree if it doesn’t have a legit free float rail system. Just for perspective.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post