SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Shooting a .600 Nitro Express Video...Beautiful Double Rifle...But Wow!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooting a .600 Nitro Express Video...Beautiful Double Rifle...But Wow! Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
Those cartridges look like they should have batteries in them and be kept in a drawer Eek...

"I wouldn't want to make a habit out of that"...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/QBtNrJXkp9o

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
Hard no. He did well though and even managed to ring the steel but I doubt he’s anxious to try it again.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
Be great for hunting Graboids.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Why did I think there was a legal limit of one half inch on centerfire single projectile ammo? So how is this even legal?

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
Why did I think there was a legal limit of one half inch on centerfire single projectile ammo? So how is this even legal?

DD/AOW?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Wow

Reminds me of the time I was at the Range. There was this well-built middle age gentleman that would shoot his S&W 500 once, lay it down and then shoot his 38 several times. He would return to the S&W 500 to shoot it once, lay it down and go back to his 38. I walked over to say hi and watch. He kindly offered me a try if I wanted to. I kindly declined. I am in my 60’s and a bit out of shape. One has got to know his limitations.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Years back when I had a small but sizable collection of cartridges of various catagories, I had about 7 rounds of .600 Nitro. Pretty much all Kynoch loadings. My most expensive was $ 110.00 for 1 and they came from spam cans which the company loaded and sealed. The tops got rolled back just like a sardine can with a key. Those $ 110.00 rounds were loaded by Kynoch for a Indian Potentate who enjoyed shooting big cats. Kynoch lathe turned away the front 1/3 of the 900 grain bullets jacket to expose more soft lead. I never had the .700 H&H round. Had most of the big Winchesters, Sharps, Ballards and, many of the big British sporting rounds. IIRC, one of the tallest and prettiest cartridges I had 3 new rounds of was the 500/.450 3 1/2" black powder express. It was a beauty. I had strong interest in learning to load some of the big cartridges but no guns to shoot them from. The big paper patched rounds had me hooked. They are such beautiful ammunitions.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post