SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    My daughter and the zombie horde...I put an air rifle together for her.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My daughter and the zombie horde...I put an air rifle together for her. Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
So I don't get to the range as much as I used to. Life, distance, shortages blah blah etc. suffice to say I don't get to shoot my "powder burners" as much as I would like.

I have, however, been shooting my air guns quite often. Well since I haven't been able to get to the range I figured I would build up a rifle for my daughter. She is comfortable with a .22 LR rifle so I wanted something more like that in an air rifle for her without cocking effort etc.

So I built her an Air Arms S200T PCP rifle with a scope so we could shoot together now and then. Well she wanted to give it a go today so I checked her out on the rifle and set up a BIG target for her to make sure she understood the scope, holds and didn't shoot wild etc. etc. These were her first 5 shots from the rifle.....

.... so we moved on quickly. Big Grin

Off to the Zombie horde. I let her shoot the top letting her get 5 body hits or 1 brain hit. I would shoot the bottom with a spring gun and had to get brain hits. She took a few shots to get her footing......and cleaned my clock.

We will be moving on to smaller targets. Big Grin That's my girl. Big Grin

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7673 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Good work, Dad!

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Awesome! I used to run a 10m Air Rifle match at my range in the winter, we would shoot 5 different targets and skills.

There is a target we used as the finisher called "know your limits" where it would start out as a quarter, then nickel, penny, and dime... the 5th target would be barely bigger than a .177 pellet.

You got points as you progressed, but the first shot to touch the outer circle would lose all your points for that target.

Made for some interesting matches!

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post