SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Does SIG still make the flat profile folding/telescoping MPX/MCX stock?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does SIG still make the flat profile folding/telescoping MPX/MCX stock? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
This one:

They've been out of stock on SIG's website for months (no in stock email notification in that time). The guys at the Academy Pro Shop said they haven't seen them in a while, but didn't know if they were gone or not.

Would very much prefer one of those to either of the newer iterations of the folding/telescoping stock SIG currently offers (which was on the shelf at the Pro Shop and/or installed on the guns for sale).

I see it in stock at Opticsplanet, for example, but I'm leery of buying something and being unpleasantly surprised when it's a different product with a similar product description.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
If Opticsplanet has it, I'd get it. They offer Free Shipping AND Free Returns, so no risk for you if it's not what you expected.

That said, I just checked the item, and it says 'Estimated to ship within 7-19 days'. In my experience, that means they probably don't actually have it right now, but they're expecting it in, so you might want to call them to confirm. Typically, if it says 'In Stock' they've got plenty on hand. Below a certain inventory level it'll say '## left, order now!' If it says 'Estimated to ship withing ##-## months' you're placing a Backorder.

While many people (on the internet) often claim to loathe Opticsplanet, saying they never actually have the things that they claim are 'In Stock' I've NEVER encountered this. I purchased a lot from them during the Spring/Summer 2020 (and beyond) Widespread Antifa Violence/Rioting 'Anything Firearms related' Panic (when nothing could be had ANYWHERE), and their Inventory was always accurate, and their shipping was quick.

Regardless, my experience is that Opticsplanet won't bill you until the item ships. Good Luck on your quest!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

While many people (on the internet) often claim to loathe Opticsplanet

Hey that's me!
I can say absolutely nothing good about optics planet.
I gave them 2 or 3 chances some years back.
Each time my order was held in limbo for months at a time while they sourced the "in stock" items.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1524 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man
I see it in stock at Opticsplanet, for example, but I'm leery of buying something and being unpleasantly surprised when it's a different product with a similar product description.
You won't even get that far, because as sure as God's got sandals, Optics Planet has never had that stock in umm stock. As far as vendors go, they're the biggest liars on the internet, and I wouldn't order- or to be more precise- try to order anything from them, not even a single AAA battery, because they don't have that in stock, either. They're the Tommy Flanagan of online vendors.

"Suuure we have that in stock! We have ten thousand of those umm things that you want! Suuure. Yeah, that's the ticket!"

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
We'll I'm glad I was able to post first, which gives me an opportunity to follow up with some specifics re: my experience with Opticsplanet:

- From 6/29/20 thru 10/17/21 I place 20 Firearms related orders with OpticsPlanet.
- These orders had a total of 41 Line Items
- Total quantity of items ordered was 65.

- All website Inventory Data on the Opticsplanet website was accurate.
- All orders shipped for free and shipped quickly.
- I had one order that where I decided to return two items (KAC Picatinny Rail Panels) that were not going to work on my LMT as I had intended.
- The Free Returns process was painless. They emailed a shipping label immediately and issued the credit as soon as they received the item. Easy Peasy.

Like I said in my previous post, I've NEVER had a problem with ANY order from Opticsplanet, and my experience dates back just over 10 years...YMMV

All that said, knowing their 'reputation' precedes them, I always make sure I double check the Inventory status for each specific item I'm ordering at the time I'm placing the order. If there's any question, I call to confirm availability.

Do business with them, or do not, that is your call, but my experience has been excellent.

Just Sayin' Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are the first person I have ever heard that had a good experience. I have (knowing in advance they are lying on the stock status) ordered several times while ordering the same item elsewhere to see who might get it sooner. Not once has OP delivered the product before I could get it elsewhere. They just suck.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
I've not had any issues ordering and receiving products from OP, as long as you have the understanding that a lot of products they list as "available" is not necessarily physically in their warehouse, but from their numerous distributors and vendors, who may or may not provide accurate availability information to OP.

That's not necessarily an issue IMO, the advantage of course is having the ability to backorder something if the original mfg doesn't offer such option (such as SIG).

The biggest advantage is they do have a system where you can cancel orders online pretty easily, and free return/shipping is generally part of the deal.

If I'm searching for a product that is known to be backordered everywhere, I would place an order at OP as a "catch all", while I continue to search for the said product elsewhere. And if by chance I do locate one, then I just go back and cancel the order at OP. Or you can wait it out until they actually ship. You just get a refund back to your card so no harm no foul.

There was one time where they actually fulfilled a backorder (A SCAR 16 Barrel) that was listed as having a 8~10 months lead time only after a week or so, at a price cheaper than Brownell's Edge. So sometimes you do get lucky.

Now, going back to the OP's question, the stock you're looking for does come up for sale fairly frequently on ARF's EE, you may want to check there as I was able to find 2 within the last 3 weeks.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
You won't even get that far, because as sure as God's got sandals, Optics Planet has never had that stock in umm stock.

respectfully, I bought mine from Optics Planet last year and it arrived five days later.

edit - I braved the cold to snap a quick picture. I was using a SIG Kate Moss skeleton stock but I like this one more. This is a ban-era Daewoo DR-200 converted to a usable form

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
You won't even get that far, because as sure as God's got sandals, Optics Planet has never had that stock in umm stock.

respectfully, I bought mine from Optics Planet last year and it arrived five days later.

edit 1 - arrived three days after my order date.

edit 2 - I braved the cold to snap a quick picture. I was using a SIG Kate Moss skeleton stock but I like this one more. This is a ban-era Daewoo DR-200 converted to a usable form

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My LGS has one of these stock, Mr. Action Man. They may ship it to you.

Posts: 2087 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could you share their contact info so I can give them a call? Alternately, I'd be happy to compensate you for your time and effort, etc. if you wanted to snag it and send it to me.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was going to e-mail you. No address in your profile. Phone number to the store is 706-356-1760. I think they have $230 on it.

Posts: 2087 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you! I'll give them a call and see if they'll ship.

posted Hide Post
Was able to get the stock shipped from your gun shop. Thank for the tip, KSGM!