SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Carbine in 22 LR - Shot Show 2024
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Carbine in 22 LR - Shot Show 2024 Login/Join 
posted

CZ lovers are going to be happy with the announcement of the Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Carbine. This .22LR carbine contains many of the features of the original Scorpion, but in a great, high-volume caliber.

It comes a 16-inch threaded barrel with a cylindrical compensator. Of course, it can be easily removed to attach a suppressor. It also features a folding/telescopic shoulder stock for easy transport and adjusting length of pull. CZ even added adjustable sights and a long Picatinny rail for attaching optics on its fiberglass-reinforced polymer frame. And the whole package weighs only 6 pounds.

Any .22LR lover should consider this carbine. It would make a great plinker or trainer. I haven’t seen a price yet, but would figure it would cost around the same amount at the original.

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Interesting. It's a shame it'll need the same aftermarket upgrades as the real thing in order to fully shine. (Selector switches at a minimum, and ideally grip and trigger group too.)

Proprietary mags, I assume?

Posts: 32524 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The price I saw looked to be pretty much the same MSRP as the 9mm version. My first thought is, why would I pay the exact same price for a .22lr as the 9mm gun? Plus, the mags are probably proprietary and only available from CZ, as opposed to multiple mags available for the 9mm version.

I’m fine with a .22 plinker version of the Scorpion, but not at the same price.

Posts: 3337 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Is actually made by CZ or is an Umarex product?

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2388 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I wonder if these will explode on an OOB, too? Probably just pepper everyone to the right of the shooter with fragments. Maybe not lefty friendly LOL. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Proprietary mags, I assume?

Of course. There was a European asking why his wouldn't feed the other day in the subreddit, showed some pics of it.

Posts: 17166 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Scorpion pistol I had was nothing short of amazing and the only thing I changed out on it was the grip, as the angle was not for me. Mags, even though proprietary, were cheap at $20 per 30 round mag. If this model works like it should, it will sell well, of course depending on the price.

Posts: 6891 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I do like the 9mm Scorpion, so this is a maybe for me.

Posts: 6170 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
If CZ actually makes it themselves I’m going to buy one when the shorter barrel pistol version shows up. I currently have two Scorpion pistols and would love a third in 22lr.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the final production version have a grip angle and mag release more similar to the revised Scorpion 3+ Micro.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21117 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
revised Scorpion 3+

Well, that's cool. I hadn't even heard of that.

Looks like there's a carbine version of the 3+ as well.

They seem to have listened to all the negative feedback about the grip and selectors, and addressed it.

So now I'm wondering why they reverted back to the old style on this new .22?

Posts: 32524 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
I bought a 3+ carbine last month, Rogue. PSA was moving them at $849 and another $100 off via rebate.
Except for the trigger … it seems they have addressed the issues from previous generations.

Posts: 3807 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post