SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Does a comp do anything on a 16" 9mm PCC?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does a comp do anything on a 16" 9mm PCC? Login/Join 
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted
I have a CZ Scorpion Evo carbine with a 16.2" barrel. Seems like most of the "recoil" or movement of the gun in fast shooting (which is not much really) would be from the bolt blowback cycling. Would a comp/brake do anything to reduce recoil or muzzle rise (115 grain factory loads)? I am thinking it will not, but I am still curious to see if anyone has experimened a little, to be definitive. Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Brother,

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
The consensus was... No.
Not worth the money to go forth !

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
The consensus was... No.
Not worth the money to go forth !

Cool

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doesn’t the Scorpion carbine come with a comp on the muzzle, or did you buy the version with the fake suppressor over the barrel?

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I don’t think it’s worth it all. A flash hider makes more sense. Mine has a tri-lug adapter on both of mine, so I have neither.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Doesn’t the Scorpion carbine come with a comp on the muzzle, or did you buy the version with the fake suppressor over the barrel?

Traded a 19X and some $, had the fake can, gave that away.

posted Hide Post
stuck a lot of different things on the front of a scorpion and no it doesn't make a difference. Want less get an MPX (that's just an assessment, not a recommendation).

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post